LYA is often called upon by clients, vendors and attorneys to provide mediation and/or litigation support services related to information technology disputes, including:
- Helping clients and vendors resolve disputes through mediation in order to avoid litigation.
- Writing an expert witness report to support or defend against a Statement of Claim or Counterclaim.
- Testifying as an expert witness in court.
All mediation and litigation support services are provided by Lawrence Young, whose qualifications as an independent and objective information technology expert include:
- His experience on dozens of information technology-related mediation and litigation support files in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
- His 40+ years of relevant work experience, 29 as an ERP system software author and vendor, plus 11 years as an independent and objective information technology consultant and trusted advisor.
- His academic qualifications, which include an engineering degree in Computer Science cum laude with a joint major in business (1975).
- His internationally recognized Certified Management Consultant license (1988).
- His 20 years as a part-time lecturer in information technology topics at McGill and Concordia universities in Montreal.